- Published on 04 September 2018
Quantum sensing of magnetic fields is one of the fast-moving areas of Quantum Technologies. EPJ Quantum Technology welcomes submissions to a special issue on Quantum Magnetometers, devices that utilize a quantum system, coherence and/or entanglement to measure magnetic fields with advanced properties compared to classical devices.
We invite you to submit Research Articles of experimental and theoretical work within the topic of Quantum Magnetometers. Possible subtopics include, but are not limited to:
- Optically-pumped magnetometers, including those based on cold atoms, hot atomic vapors, and trapped ions.
- Solid-state quantum magnetometers, including those based on NV centers and superconducting and spin qubits.
- Applications of quantum magnetometers, including biomedical applications such as brain imaging (magnetoencephalography MEG).
- Quantum-enhanced techniques including those involving entanglement or squeezing.
Guest editors Svenja Knappe, University of Colorado Boulder Kasper Jensen, University of Nottingham
EPJ Quantum Technology is indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) database, one of the major databases of the Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters) Web of Science, and has been accepted for indexing in Scopus. It has just been awarded an Impact Factor of 2.436.