EPJ ST Special Issue: The Dynamics of the Covid-19 Pandemic - Nonlinear approaches on the modelling, prediction and control
- Published on 04 June 2021
This special issue is devoted to articles which propose mathematical models of the spread of the novel coronavirus and its effect in future waves. Especially those timely, should play a key role in informing evidence-based decisions on public health, society, industry, economics, and technology by policymakers.
In this special issue, we intend to invite front-line researchers and authors to submit original research articles and short reviews on the dynamics of the novel corona virus based on physics and mathematical approaches. The selected manuscripts should have approaches related to nonlinear dynamics.
We welcome papers covering any of the following potential topics but are not limited to
- Analysis of current, past, and future evolution of COVID-19
- New methods and algorithms for predicting the virus spreading dynamics
- Mathematical epidemiology
- SIR-type models and basic reproduction number
- Dynamical systems, time delay process, parameter identification in outbreak prediction
- Dynamical models to epidemic outbreaks with quantified uncertainty
- Short-term forecasting of epidemic waves
- Epidemic prevention and control, implementation of control strategies and prevention schemes for future pandemic waves
- The model of COVID-19 and comparison with infected diseases
- Impact of the epidemic on the economy, finance, society, machine learning techniques
- Multi scale and fractal based approaches
Note: All the articles of this special issue will be made freely accessible for a limited period of time.
Authors should submit their original articles or short reviews to the Editorial Office of EPJ ST via the submission system. Submissions should be clearly identified as intended for the Special Issue "The Dynamics of the Covid-19 Pandemic". All submitted papers will be refereed according to the usual high standards of the journal. More general information about EPJST and authors’ instructions are available at http://epjst.epj.org/.
Open Access: EPJST is a hybrid journal offering Open Access publication via the Open Choice programme and a growing number of Springer Compact “Publish and Read” arrangements which enable authors to publish OA at no direct cost (all costs are paid centrally).